Vertical lathes main characteristics:
- 3 or 4 controlled machine axes,
- One controlled machine axis for tool magazine, optionally,
- AC Siemens motors with digital regulators,
- Precise and robust linear guideways, for high machining accuracy,
- Plastic/steel slides on X-axis and roller guides on Z-axis
- With various angular heads, on lathes with turning, drilling and milling unit, five side machining is possible,
- Automatic tool change and angular heads,
- High coolant pressure through spindle for turning, drilling and milling tools,
- Horizontal traverse (W-axis) has a measuring system connected with control unit,
- Control unit: Siemens 840D sl,
- Linear, circular, 3D and helical interpolation,
- Workpieces clamping can be mechanical or hydraulic, with 3, 4 or 8 jaws. Hydraulic clamping can be independent with 2+2 or 4+4 jaws with double cylinder for the easier centring of workpieces,
- Turning is possible with revolver head with maximum of 8 tools, optionally
- Lathe tool holders can be with ISO 50 taper or with with ‘HIRTH' coupling, milling and drilling tool holders are with ISO 50 taper,
- It is possible to implement CAPTO tool holder for both turning and milling tools.
Technological and Technical Possibilities of Vertical Lathes
- External and internal turning of workpieces,
- Turning with constant surface speed,
- Turning of complex shape axis symmetric workpieces,
- Lathes with C-axis and with turning, drilling and milling unit can be used for:
- drilling and threading off the vertical axis, and with a help of angular head both operations can be done in any position,
- milling of various shapes (cylindrical or non cylindrical) in any plane, horizontal, vertical or in arbitrary, with or without angular heads,
- grinding of complex shapes with grinding heads,
- Automatic tool changer with tool magazine on the horizontal traverse or foundation (floor),
- Automatic tool offset correction and workpiece measuring
Single Column Vertical Lathes
They are suitable for machining of workpieces with maximum diameter of 2400mm and weighing up to 15000 daN.
- Lathes with ISO 50 taper: JVS 12 I, JVS 16 I, JVS 20 I, JVS 24 I,
- Lathes with revolver head: JVS 12 R, JVS 16 R, JVS 20 R, JVS 24 R,
- Lathes with ‘HIRTH' coupling: JVS 16 H, JVS 20 H, JVS 24 H,
- Lathes with turning, milling and drilling unit: JVS 16 BG, JVS 20 BG, JVS 24 BG.
Double Column Vertical Lathes
They are suitable for machining of workpieces with maximum diameter of 4000mm and weighing up to 50000 daN.
- Lathes with ISO 50 taper: DVS 28 I,
- Lathes with revolver head: DVS 28 R,
- Lathes with ‘HIRTH' coupling: DVS 28 R, DVS 40 R,
- Lathes with turning, milling and drilling unit: DVS 28 BG, DVS 40 BG.